Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Just a quick update

With regards to the switching of Braden's room, so far it is going well. Braden slept all night in the bed. He resisted in the beginning, but gave in eventually. It only took about 45 minutes. Today for his nap, the crying was only for about 5 minutes and then we heard him talking to himself like he used to do in his crib! I am optimistic for the rest of the week.

Some of you may be confused with how much I am talking about this, but I wasn't sure how to move him or what it would be like. I expected sleepless nights and lots of resistance. I was a bit nervous to do the whole thing.

I am still waiting for him to roll out of bed in the middle of the night, but so far so good!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am so relieved for you! I know that made you very apprehensive. I'm glad it is working out this well!

Leticia said...

I'm glad it's going so well! Plus you have plenty of time to perfect the transition. I know the dilemma... we dealt with the same thing with Madisyn (move or not to move and when to move), but she was really more ready than we were :) One night she wanted to sleep in her "big girl bed" and never wanted anything to do with the crib after that. Sometimes I think we're not as ready for them to grow up as they are!