Friday, May 11, 2007

What a Suprise!

Yesterday my third period surprised me with a baby shower. When I came back from lunch, I found streamers on my door and balloons in my room. It was so nice. One of my students told me that she wanted to remember why I started teaching and that after my year off, I should come back and teach at Tech again. She said her sister is going to come here and she wanted me to teach her.

It is a day like this that I know I have made a difference with these students. I know that I am a good teacher, but you are not usually made to feel appreciated. I know they may not carry the Pythagorean Theorem with them, but they will remember that I believed in them and respected them. I do love high school students. They are so impressionable and curious about life. I love getting to know them. I often cannot not finish my work during the day because I have students gathered around my desk just wanting to talk. I will miss this next year. I won't miss the work, or the tight schedule, but I will miss this. I know that when this year is over, I am not going to be working in a high school again. This is truly my last year of being a high school teacher. That makes me a bit sad, and yet excited for the road to come. With my master's degree, I will be pursuing another career and engage in new wonderful experiences. I will always take with me my years of teaching. I have learned so much. I know it has made a better person, and a better parent.

Here are some pictures of the party.











By the way, I have not meant to lead anyone to think my belly is little. It is not little at all right now. Hopefully these pictures give a more accurate representation of my growing belly!

2 comments:

Josh and Kate plus 2 said...

How awesome! You have definately had a great impact on so many people! You look wonderful!

Leslie said...

That is wonderful your students did that for you! I know they will always remember you and look back on what a great experience they had in your classroom.