Monday, August 13, 2007

It's a girl! Reese Elizabeth

Reese Elizabeth was born August 10 at 6:18 pm. She was 7lbs 9.6 oz and 19 inches long.


The story:


I went in for a routine check up and the doctor discovered that I was 4-5 cm dilated, 90% effaced and the baby was low. She stripped my membranes and said she was going to directly admit me to the hospital. When she said, "you are going to have this baby today", I almost kissed her! She told me to go along with her story that I was contracting every 5 minutes, which I was not....but I told her I would say anything to get this baby out! Her plan was that when I was admitted they would break my water and get me going. I thought it was a great plan. I called Brian at work and told him to meet me at the hospital. A friend of ours came over and took care of Braden for the day and we were off.




I could not have asked for an easier delivery. I was checked in and given an IV. After that they asked me if I was planning on having and epidural, after my big YES they decided to give it to me before they broke my water or gave me pitocin. This means I had a pain free labor. After a few hours, they checked me and I was 8cm. The doctor said she would be back in an hour to check again and that I would probably be ready to push at the time. Well, I knew it was going to happen a little sooner. I could feel that baby ready to come out! The nurse came in after we called for her, she went and got the doctor and I started to push. 15 minutes later, she was born. It was a girl.....I knew it! The doctor and nurse were both excited to find out since they said that it was rare to have a couple wait to find out the sex of the baby.


Brian brought Braden on Saturday to visit and he wanted to hug and kiss his new sister!


We are home now and she is thriving. She only lost 5 oz at the hospital and is nursing well! We have lots of help so I am able to get some sleep when I need it.




Brian and I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and good thoughts. We appreciate all the phone calls, texts, emails and visits.












11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Miss Lizzy, I am mighty impressed with you! Not only did you have an easy labor and deliver a perfect baby girl, but you are *already* back on the blogging horse! While managing two cutie pies now, very impressive!

I would also like to thank Reese for her perfect timing. It was so kind of her to schedule her arrival for the day we were passing through town so that we could meet her. She must have known we were coming and hurried to get on out, I mean really, who could pass up on opportunity to hang out with Adi and Eliza? ;)

Congrats again, you guys are great parents and Braden was such a delight. There really is nothing sweeter in the whole world than watching a brand new big brother instinctively kiss and hug his new little sister all on his own. Does it get any better than that?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so glad everything went so well. She is beautiful! Love to you all, Angeline and Jason

Anonymous said...

What a perfect family! Glad everything went well. Liz you look GREAT! Can't wait to see you guys (all 4) in a couple of weeks.
Love Mom & Gpops 2

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, Brian & Braden,
Wow, what delightful pictures and what a beautiful baby Reese - with hair to boot! You are a beautiful family, and we wish you much joy and happiness. We'll be checking out your Blog to get the updates.
Love you, Aunt Alexie and Uncle Joe

Leticia said...

AH!!!! Congratulations! Ah, the Epidural... quite possibly the best development ever :) What a perfect little family you have! I can't wait to meet little baby Reese. Hopefully you guys will be in Michigan sometime and we can have a little playdate. You look great, as always!

Josh and Kate plus 2 said...

What a beautiful little blessing you guys have! And what a fabulous delivery! The epidural is the best thing EVER! SO glad things are going well! We love you guys so much!

pandjalexander said...

Hi Liz,
I don't know if you remember me, but I was in Kate's wedding with you--stood right next to you as a matter of fact. I have been keeping up with your blog and am so happy for you two. What a beautiful family you have! Congratulations!
Jen (Klaver) Alexander

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl. She's just precious.

You make the cutest family.

Hope everything is going well.

Love Aunt Teto

Kate McKellar said...

Hello! This is a fellow classmate of Brian's! Tell him Kate Hessler said hello! Congrats on the new baby! She is beautiful! Nice to find you on here, Brian!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! A Wysocki family of 4! Congratulations! I'm glad to hear everything went so well!

Leslie said...

Congratulations to you on your newest addition! She is absolutely beautiful. I couldn't believe it when Eliza told me on THE morning that this could be the day....and sure enough, that was the day Reese made her appearance! You look incredible, Brian looks like the proud papa of two, and Braden already seems to be a wonderful big brother. I am so happy for all of you!