Thursday, October 23, 2008

A wonderful sound

Yesterday morning a series of events led to a moment that was music to my ears. This sound was Braden peeing in the toilet! It all began with Reese telling me that she went 'poo-poo'. I looked to Braden and told him, sarcastically, that it could be possible that Reese would go potty on the toilet before he did. A few minutes later he told me he had to go. I asked him if he wanted to go on the toilet. He said no, that I need to change it, and then he laughed. He thought it was funny. My thoughts were, 'we'll see about that!'

I chased him around the house. He thought that was great and I put him on the toilet. He sat there and then, it happened. He was so excited and so was I. Reese was so wound up from our screaming that she went and gave him a hug!

So, from yesterday morning he has not had a wet diaper. He went 7, yes 7 times in the toilet yesterday. The reward, a piece of a brownie, was quite a motivator this time around. He woke up this morning dry and went right into the bathroom.

3 comments:

Peter said...

A milestone! Congrats!

Josh and Kate plus 2 said...

Yay! That is AWESOME! Way to go Braden (pun intended!) =)

Leticia said...

Hurray for you (and Braden too)! How fantastic! I've never heard of a child all of a sudden being trained! Hope you're doing great!