Thursday, June 19, 2008

our summer, so far

We have been having the most beautiful weather lately. The windows are actually open in our house, which is unheard of during the summer months!


If you have never been to our house during the summer time, you haven't seen our flower garden. It sits along the side of our house and every year I try to keep the flowers alive for the entire summer. To those of you where this comes natural, I am jealous! I have a very brown thumb. Things are going well so far. These are pictures of my lilies! I can't take much credit for their growth since they come back every year with out my help, but they are pretty!




Before this beautiful weather we all enjoyed the pool. Braden, of course, loves it. Now Reese is not as much of a fan. Braden dumping a bucket of water on her head probably didn't help.








We also visited some friends of our this summer. Here are some pictures of Braden playing in the big pool!








Reese eats table food now. She will scream and cry if you try and feed her food from a jar! So here she is with her first serving of pasta! Braden is also enjoying his bowl of pasta! Yes, I do know his hair is long, I am working on a hair cut. Brian wants me to have it cut very short, but I refuse. I love the curls too much. Speaking of his curly hair, I was asking Braden if he had blond hair and he reaches up to touch it he says, "no mom, I have curly hair."








We have also started going to our local library for story time on Wednesday mornings. We had to switch libraries because Braden had such a hard time leaving the one with the train table. I was tired of walking through the library with a screaming 2-year old!


(He is in the yellow shirt dancing.)




The last picture I have is of Braden at the park on the big swing. Going to the park will be so much more fun when Reese can walk. She is just too nervous to take a step on her own.




2 comments:

Josh and Kate plus 2 said...

LOVE it! Great post. Great pics & oh my, Braden is hilarious! Duh, mom, his hair is CURLY! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Reese in the pool with her hat.

Could be my new background on the computer at work!

Much love,

The old guy