Monday, June 09, 2008

Odds and Ends

Wedding Bells......

Well, I have two engagements to announce. The first is of my brother Steve. He and Yi have announced their engagement yesterday. I couldn't be happier! They are a great match. The second is of my long-time friend Jenine to her boyfriend Miles. Another wonderful match. The unique part of both of these couples is that their career is highly specialized and they found someone who understands them and can appreciate their talents.

Trip to Philadelphia.....

This Sunday I went to visit my Aunt Alexie and Uncle Joe in Phili. My Aunt Emilia was also in Phili visiting from South Africa. I haven't seen her in 4 years! I had a wonderful time talking and catching up. There is nothing like family!

Reese & Braden......

Well Braden and Reese are doing well. It is HOT here and we haven't been able to do too much outside. Going in the pool isn't even much of an option right now. Reese is climbing the stairs well and is much sturdier when she walks with assistance. Braden seems to be transitioning into the 'terrible twos'. He is in time-out at least 2 times a day. There are days I am praying for patience when the first time-out occurs near 7am! Despite his sassy little self, he still can make us laugh. My favorite thing he does is say,
"mama, I NEED a snack (pause) pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please extend Congrats from us to Yi and Steve, they are good together.
The kids are progressing very well and each phase will bring new joys to you parents. Enjoy the challenges and cherish all their special moments.
Love Shelly & Jeff

Anonymous said...

thanks liz! congratulations to steve also! i can't wait to see you again- each time is not long enough.

-jenine