Friday, October 14, 2011

Alex Taylor Wysocki

Baby Alex joined our family on October 6, 2011 at 4:41 am. He is healthy and beautiful. It all began on Wednesday night at 11:30 pm when my water broke. I was sleeping when this happened so I jumped out of bed. I woke Brian up and called the doctor. They told me to go in to the hospital. Braden and Reese were quick labors so they didn't want me to wait. We had to pack the kids in the car and drive the hospital at midnight. The kiddos were amazing. They were so good for Brian and waited patiently for our friend to come and get them. Right about at 1:30 am, the contractions started getting painful. I was able to get my epidural at 2am. I rested until around 4:25 am when it was time to push. It was 4:41 am when they told me it was a boy!

A boy, I couldn't believe it! A beautiful boy. :)


All of us waiting for Donna to come and get the kids and take them back to bed.



Waiting in the birthing room.





Alex was 8.0 lbs and 20 inches.





Braden and Reese visit their brother for the first time.




Braden, Reese & Alex.



Alex and Mama




Alex






Proud big brother.


My dad came to help us out for a week.


Alex snoozing at home.





Alex under the billy blanket.


He was jaundice and needed a little extra help getting the bilirubin out of his system. The "blanket" was really a blue fiber-optic light that was applied to his skin. He didn't mind it at all.


We are finally settling in. It was a bit of a whirl-wind this time. Reese and Braden were sick for a few days and Brian was running around getting the kids to school, taking care of me and the house. Now that we are all home and the doctor visits are all complete, we are able to enjoy our new addition. I have been recovering well and Alex is back to birth weight. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the your whole family, job well done!
We are so happy all is well.
Welcome Alex.
Love Gramma & Grampa

Alexa Kane said...

wow! What a night and day you all had, I always wondered what it would be like if you had to take the kids with you for those middle of the night trips! I almost did -we had a neighbor transfer from her bed to our bed at about 2 AM on a cold Febuary night for #6. You did a wonderful job, congratulations! Love you all, Aunt Alexie & Uncle Joe