Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My newest adventure

Last week I began to volunteer at the American Cancer Society. I am called a volunteer but it is more like a part-time internship. I am going in twice a week in the mornings to gain some experience as a Community Health Educator. Let me say, it feels SO good to do something again. This is what I have been waiting to do ever since I began graduate school. They have given me some projects to work so I am very excited to follow them through. During the mornings when I am at the ACS, Braden and Reese are going to the same center I used to take Braden to when I worked full-time. They are adjusting nicely. The first week went a little better for Reese than Braden but today Braden was all smiles when I picked him up. He even said that he would like to go back there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited for you Liz! I know you've been waiting for an opportunity like this and I hope you are loving it!